Dr.Naren Rao, a prominent figure in the field of clinical psychiatry, possesses an impressive track record of two decades of clinical expertise. Renowned for his patient-centered approach, he combines compassionate clinical skills with cutting-edge neuroscience techniques to provide personalized treatment. Throughout his career, Naren has garnered extensive work experience at renowned institutions such as the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) in Bangalore, the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) in Bangalore, and the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto.
- 2005 - 2008 - MD Psychiatry (equivalent to Residency)- National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore, India
- 1998- 2004 – MBBS - Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, India
- 2022 –2023 – Professor of Psychiatry, NIMHANS, Bangalore
- 2018 - 2022 - Additional Professor of Psychiatry, NIMHANS, Bangalore
- 2015 – 2018 - Associate Professor of Psychiatry, NIMHANS, Bangalore
- 2013 – 2015 - Inspire Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- 2011- 2013 – Postdoctoral fellow, Research Imaging Centre, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- 2008- 2011 - Senior Resident, Department of Psychiatry, NIMHANS, Bangalore, India
Research & Publications
- Prasannakumar A, Kumar V, Mailankody P, Appaji A, Battu R, Berendschot TTJM, Rao NP. A systematic review and meta-analysis of optical coherence tomography studies in schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and major depressive disorder. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2023 May 25:1-14. doi: 10.1080/15622975.2023.2203231. PMID: 37070475.
- Prasannakumar A, Kumar V, Rao NP. Trust and psychosis: a systematic review and metaanalysis. Psychol Med. 2022 Aug 17:1-9. doi: 10.1017/S0033291722002562.
- Korann V, Jacob A, Lu B, Devi P, Thonse U, Nagendra B, Maria Chacko D, Dey A, Padmanabha A, Shivakumar V, Dawn Bharath R, Kumar V, Varambally S, Venkatasubramanian G, Deshpande G, Rao NP. Effect of Intranasal Oxytocin on Restingstate Effective Connectivity in Schizophrenia. Schizophr Bull. 2022 Sep 1;48(5):1115-1124.
- Korann V, Suhas S, Appaji A, Nagendra B, Padmanabha A, Jacob A, Devi P, Bharath RD,Kumar V, Varambally S, Venkatasubramanian G, Rao SV, Webers CA, Berendschot TT, Rao NP. Association between retinal vascular measures and brain white matter lesions in schizophrenia. Asian J Psychiatr. 2022 Apr;70:103042
- Appaji A, Harish V, Korann V, Devi P, Jacob A, Padmanabha A, Kumar V, Varambally S,Venkatasubramanian G, Rao SV, Suma HN, Webers CAB, Berendschot TTJM, Rao NP. Deep learning model using retinal vascular images for classifying schizophrenia. Schizophr Res. 2022 Mar;241:238-243.
Book An Appointment Content