Dr. Ganesh Nallur Shivu is one of the leading Interventional Cardiology, Heart Failure Specialists in Bengaluru with over 21+ years’ experience. He has successfully performed over 5000 diagnostic angiograms and 2000+ coronary angioplasties. He has extensive experience in all adjunctive Coronary Interventional techniques including rotational atherectomy, IVUS, optical coherence tomography, pressure wire evaluation, LASER and distal protection device use.
- MBBS, Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute.
- MRCP, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS), Glasgow.
- Post Graduation(Cardiology), Royal College Of Physicians & Surgeons Of Glasgow, UK
- Fellowships (Interventional Cardiology ), Cardiff and Swansea, UK
- Consultant Interventional Cardiologist ,BGS Global Hospital , Bangalore
- Consultant Interventional Cardiologist, Sparsh Superspecialty Hospitals, Bangalore
- Consultant Interventional Cardiologist ,Nottingham University Hospitals & Kings Mill Hospital, UK
- Paediatric and Congenital Heart Diseases Echocardiography
- Non-Coronary Interventions Cardiac Catheterisation
- Angiography Atherectomy
- Peripheral Angioplasty
- Performed over 5000 diagnostic angiograms and 2000+ coronary angioplasties
- Performed over 150 pacemaker and ICD insertions
Research & Publications
- Currently on the editorial board of World Journal of Cardiology and Journal of Medical Sciences and Health.
- Published 23 high-quality scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals such as Circulation and JACC
- Presented abstracts and clinical cases at various international conferences like ACC, AHA, ESC, EuroPCR, BCS, and ACI
Affiliations & Memberships
- Formerly British Heart Foundation Research Fellow, University of Birmingham
- British Society of Ehocardioraphy, European Society of Cardiology
- Karnataka Medical Council
- Uses radial artery as the primary access route for interventions Has extensive experience in all adjunctive Coronary Interventional techniques including rotational atherectomy, IVUS, optical coherence tomography, pressure wire evaluation, LASER and distal protection device use
- Proficient in primary, rescue angioplasty, and other complex angioplasty techniques, including unprotected left main stem
- Chronic total occlusion, vein graft, and multi-vessel intervention
- Adept at peripheral interventions including femoral, iliac, below knee angioplasty and fistuloplasties
- Obtained a PhD following research on diabetic cardiomyopathy
Book An Appointment Content