Dr. Rajesh T R is highly regarded among Cardio thoracic & Vascular Surgeons in Bengaluru with 18+ years’ experience. He has performed over 5000 cardiac surgeries. He was the first in Asia to implant a third-generation artificial heart in a patient with terminal heart failure. He has won several prestigious awards towards his excellent service.
- MBBS, VIMS Bellary
- DNB(General Medicine), NBE, New Delhi
- MS (General Surgery), J.S.S Medical College, Mysore
- MCh (CTVS ), GSMC, Mumbai
- Consultant - Cardiac and Vascular Surgery, HCG, Bengaluru
- Consultant - Cardiac and Vascular Surgery, Narayana Hrudayala, Bengaluru
- Consultant - Cardiac and Vascular Surgery, Sparsh, Bengaluru
- MICS -
- Mini Sternotomy and Mini Thoracotomy CABG
- Valve repairs and replacements
- ASD closures
- Excision of Cardiac Tumours
- Complex and Total Arterial Offpump CABG, Coronary Endarterectomy, MICS
- Cardiac Surgery in Heart Failure
- LVAD ( Artificial Heart ) Implantations, ECMOs, Heart Transplants
- Cardiac and Peripheral Vascular Interventional Procedures
- First in Asia to implant the third generation Artificial Heart in a patient with terminal Heart failure
- Performed nearly 5000 cardiac surgeries
Honors & Awards
- Gold Medal in MS-General Surgery, awarded by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Medical Sciences,
- Special award for excellence in Cardiac surgery by the Chief Minister of AP, Sri Rosaiah
- Limca Book of Records -first to Implant a third generation artificial heart in India.
- Bharata Vikaasa Ratna Rashtra Prashasthi, by Bharata Ratna Sir M V Engineering
- Award for excellence in Surgery by Samartha Saahitya Mattu Sanskruthika Prathistaana
- Youngest recipient of Vasavasiri, the highest title conferred in the Aryavysya community, to people with special accomplishments
Research & Publications
- Efficacy of three different ablative procedures to treat atrial fibrillation in patients with valvular heart disease: a randomised trial. Heart Lung Circ. 2008 Jun;17(3):232-40.
Affiliations & Memberships
- Indian Association Of Cardiovascular And Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS) and other such reputed organizations
- Indian Medical associations
- Focus area: Heart failure, Transplants, and Ventricular Assist Devices (Artificial hearts)- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA.
- Focus area: MICS - Heart Center, Leipzig, Germany.
Book An Appointment Content