Dr Rakesh Sringeri is a well-known Gastroenterologist & Hepato-biliary pancreatic (HPB) Physician with over 9 years’ experience. He has gained a breadth of experience in General/Transplant Hepatology
- MBBS, Sree Siddhartha Medical College, RGUHS
- MRCP ( Gastro), UK
- FESBGH, The European Section & Board of Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- FRCP ( General Medicine ), Royal College of Physicians
- Consultant (Gastroenterologist & HBP ), University Hospitals, NHS Trust
- Gastro - Intestinal Bleed cases
- Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy
- Upper and lower Gastrointestinal Procedures
- GI Bleed Emergencies
- Foreign Body retrieval
- Advanced Endoscopy
- ERCP & EUS
- Hepato-bilary pancreatic medicine including all forms of endoscopy
- Indigestion/Reflux Disease
- Liver Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease & Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Pancreatic disease
- Awarded “Poster of distinction” at BSG Annual meeting
- Best case presentation award at West Midlands Registrar Regional Meeting
- Gold Medal for the Faculty of Medicine (MBBS) awarded by The Provisional Vysya Education Fund
Research & Publications
- A Novel approach for removal of an impacted extraction balloon catheter in common bile duct during ERCP – A Case report Asp Biomed Clin Case Rep. 2021 Jun 08;4(2):103-106.
- Surgery for benign colorectal polyps: the impact of an advanced colonic endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) service in a large tertiary centre – R Sringeri et al Gut Jun 2015, 64 (Suppl 1) A176-A177.
- Needle knife mucosal incision to obtain deep biopsies of submucosal lesions along the GI tract – efficacy and safety – R Sringeri et al Gut Jun 2015, 64 (Suppl 1) A61.
- Incidental Portal Vein Thrombosis: does it impact the surgical outcomes following liver transplantation - R Sringeri* et al Liver Transplantation Vol.19 Pages S289.
- Post-Radiotherapy Pharyngeal/Proximal Oesophageal Strictures in Head and Neck Malignancy: Outcome of endoscopic bougie dilation - R. Sringeri* et al Gut 2012; 61: Suppl 2 A307.
- Impact of applying current BSG guidelines on colorectal cancer screening and surveillance colonoscopy procedures R. Sringeri* et al Gut 2012; 61: Suppl 2 A288.
- Pancreatic Pseudocyst Management: Experience form a DGH Centre J. Kavanagh* , R. Sringeri, S. Shetty Gut 2012; 61: Suppl 2 A115.
- Post-operative nutritional support through jejunostomy feeding Vs parenteral nutrition among upper gastrointestinal cancer patients R. Sringeri et al BAPEN Nov 2011.
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) tube placement in patients with compound hiatus hernia and intra-thoracic stomach: A case series R. Sringeri * et al Gut April 2011; 60: Suppl 1 A98-A99.
- Audit on Barrett’s Oesophagus surveillance- R Sringeri et al Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Volume 69, Issue 5, April 2009, Page AB355.
- The National Bowel Cancer Screening Project; The First Two Years Experience in a District General Hospital (DGH) - G R Lipscomb, Elizabeth O’Brien, Rakesh Sringeri Gut 2009; 58 (Suppl II): A338.
- Colonoscopy for Bowel Cancer Screening in a DGH – The Patient’s View G R Lipscomb, Elizabeth O’Brien, Rakesh Sringeri, June Adams Gut 2009; 58 (Suppl II) A338.
Regional/National Oral Presentations:
- Endoscopic ligation techniques in the management of large symptomatic colonic lipomas: Case Series. Midlands Gastroenterology Society (MGS) Autumn Meeting 2014.
- Diagnostic challenges of IgG4 negative (Type 1) Autoimmune pancreatitis/cholangiopathy: Case Series. MGS Summer Meeting 2014.
- Case presentation and impact of portal vein thrombosis on liver transplantation, BASL School of Hepatology Meeting 2012.
- Post-operative nutritional support through jejunostomy feeding Vs parenteral nutrition among upper g.
Affiliations & Memberships
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- British Association for study of Liver
- Midland Gastroenterological Society
Training & Academics
Training and Certifications
- Fellowship of Royal College of Physicians (FRCP)
- Fellow of European Board of Gastroenterology & Hepatology (FESBGH)
- Certificate of Completion of Specialty Training (CCST)
- Specialty certificate examination (SCE)
- Fellowship in Advanced Endoscopy (HPB),Royal Bournemouth &
- Christchurch Hospitals NHS Trust
- Foundation Programme Year 2 A&E, Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation Medicine
- LATGastroenterology, Wycombe General Hospital, High Wycombe
Book An Appointment Content