Diabetes and Endocrinology Treatments and Procedures
Diabetes Treatments and Procedures
At Kauvery Hospitals, we provide both Invasive and non-invasive treatment for Diabetes.
Invasive Treatment Methods
Islet Cell Transplantation
When insulin-producing cells in the pancreas’ islets are destroyed, it results in Type 1 diabetes. This transplantation procedure involves extracting the pancreatic islet cells from a deceased donor and implanting them in the body of a Type 1 diabetic.
Diabetic Foot - Podiatry
Over time, your diabetes might affect the sensation in your legs and feet, causing you to feel tingling and numbness in your limbs. This is called diabetic neuropathy. When you lack sufficient blood flow in your legs, this could lead to gangrene. Both neuropathy and gangrene are best treated by amputating the concerned limb.
Non-Invasive Treatment Methods
This weight loss surgery can be done by minimally invasive means to treat Type 2 diabetes. It treats diabetes by controlling the amount of sugar in the blood.
Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring
A patient’s glucose levels are tracked 24x7 in real-time. Using this data, doctors can make quick decisions that balance the patient’s food, physical activity, and medicines.
This is a small electronic device filled with insulin. It releases small doses of insulin into the patient’s body.
Exercise and Weight Loss
Our nutritionists help in planning a balanced diet and exercise to help the patient lose weight.
The most popular medication for diabetes treatment is Metformin. This tablet helps you manage your diabetes better.
Additionally, a diabetes reversal program is also offered, the details of which are below:
Diabetes Management & Reversal Program
Our team at Kauvery Hospitals applies a holistic approach to treating and managing both pre-diabetic and diabetic disorders through advanced technology-backed screening and management programs such as:
- Management of Type I and Type II diabetes mellitus and gestational diabetics
- Treatment options for obesity and preventive measures for diabetes
- Diabetic Foot Care
- Supportive services for diabetic management (including counselling and lifestyle modification support)
- Nutritional Therapy and guidance
- Exercise therapy
- Diabetics Reversal Programs
Endocrinology Treatments and Procedures
The two fundamental facets of endocrinology treatment are diagnostics and testing. Modern diagnostic equipment in our laboratories gives professionals precise results, and our diagnostic labs are well-equipped with it. You can rely on our team of experts for accurate diabetes diagnosis and treatment.
Common Endocrine disorders treated are:
- Calcium related problems
- Diabetes (sugar in the blood)
- Excessive hair growth in females
- Excessive thirst or hunger
- Obesity (overweight)
- Osteoporosis (thin bones and repeated fractures)
- Pituitary gland problems
- Problems with sodium and potassium metabolism
- Sexual dysfunction in men
- Thyroid disorders (thyroid swelling, thyroid cancer, hyperthyroidism, and hypothyroidism)
- Young hypertension (age less than 30 years)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)