Wednesday, 1 March, 2023
How To Recognize A Heart Emergency?
Heart emergencies are critical heart problems that need immediate medical attention, it includes heart attack, cardiac arrest, angina attack, and even unstable angina. Most of the time unless a heart emergency arises, heart diseases remain undiagnosed and untreated. This could be due to a lack of awareness, poor treatment facilities, or failure to identify the problem.
Kauvery Hospital is acclaimed as the best cardiac hospital in Bangalore, with state-of-art facilities for quick assistance, faster diagnosis, and robust treatment procedures in situations of a heart emergency. Our team comprises highly experienced medical practitioners supported by high-end medical infrastructure to assist patients in times of emergencies.
But, being aware of the symptoms and diagnostic procedures used to recognize a heart emergency is always a perk. This would help to take immediate action and can save a life.
Sudden cardiac arrest vs Heart attack
A sudden cardiac arrest is not identical to a heart attack. It is a sudden loss of all kinds of cardiac activity and occurs due to irregularities in the rhythm with which the heart beats.
On the other hand, a heart attack usually occurs due to blockage in the arteries and the oxygen-rich blood fails to reach the organs of the body. However, a heart attack can lead to a rapid change in the heart's electrical activity, which can eventually lead to a sudden cardiac arrest.
Symptoms of Heart Disease
There are certain specific symptoms that help you to detect the chances of heart disease:
- Severe chest pain
- The feeling of pressure or squeezing on the chest
- Discomfort in the chest
- Becoming unconscious during heavy activity
- Difficulty in breathing
- Low or undetectable heartbeat
- Rapid heartbeat
- A tingling sensation in the keens, lips or hands
- Continuous feeling of nausea
- Coughing up blood
Remember heart attack is not at all sudden, rather it occurs as a warning sign. Now, our team of the best medical practitioners at Kauvery Hospital strictly advises not to ignore any signs or symptoms of cardiovascular issues and seek promising cardiology treatment in Bangalore.
What to do during a heart attack?
Experiencing any of the signs and symptoms of heart attacks mentioned above or witnessing someone experience it, should be addressed with the following steps:
- Call the local emergency number or inform the ambulance.
- Discontinuation of all activities and either lying down or sitting in a comfortable position.
- For someone on medication related to heart problems, take the normal dosage
- If not allergic to Aspirin, can either chew or swallow its normal dosage.
- Stay calm and rest until the ambulance or any medical support arrives.
- Always keep personal or emergency contact handy along with all the regular medications.
What if the patient is not breathing?
If you find that the patient is not breathing, then you can go for CPR.
- At first, you need to push hard and faster on the chest of the person and then carry on for 120 pushes/minutes.
- Then, try to check the airway of the person and after every 30 compressions you can provide the rescue breaths.
- Otherwise, you can also try out chest compression. However, you must allow the chest to rise completely in between the compression. So, keep repeating it, until medical help arrives.
Once taken to the hospital, immediate professional help should be given. As part of the emergency treatment, our team of professionals at Kauvery Hospitals would conduct
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR
- Shocks to the heart through Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- State of art Cath Lab, IVUS (better than OCT), Heart and Lung Machine, EP Lab
These medical devices are available at our Cardiology Center in Bangalore.
Once revived, based on the diagnosis reports, the subsequent treatments are prescribed. If required, the patient might have to go through cardiac surgery. In that case, get an appointment at the Kauvery Hospitals Bangalore, to get the best Cardiac surgery in Bangalore.