Tuesday, 28 March, 2023
What Are the Early Signs and Symptoms of Stomach Cancer?
One of the most common forms of cancer is gastric cancer or stomach cancer. It has become quite common these days owing to our rash lifestyle and poor eating habits. Stomach cancer develops when a healthy or normal cell in the stomach becomes a growing cancerous cell. These are found in the stomach lining and tend to grow very slowly. The symptoms might take years to show. The set of cancerous cells is called a tumor and over time these cells grow and cover the entire lining of the stomach.
Knowing the signs of stomach cancer can help get the right assistance at the right time.
Kauvery Hospital is one of the most promising Gastroenterology Hospitals in Electronic City, Bangalore. With an exceptional medical facility and a trained team of medical experts, they treat stomach cancer with absolute proficiency.
Symptoms of Stomach Cancer:
The underlying symptoms are usually the most common and preliminary indicators of stomach cancer. The list includes:
- Continued indigestion
- Frequent burping
- A feeling of trapped wind within the chest
- Feeling bloated after having food
- Severe stomach pain
As cancer moves to an advanced stage, the symptoms worsen, such as:
- Black stool
- Loss of appetite
- Blood in stool
- Sudden weight loss
If stomach cancer is detected at an early stage, it can be treated and cured. However, this gets difficult as time passes and the stage of cancer gets advanced.
What Increases a Person's Susceptibility to Stomach Cancer?
There are certain cases where stomach cancer is most likely to arise, such as:
- More common in males than females
- If the person is 55 years old or aged
- If the person is a persistent smoker
- Relying mostly on processed food or red meat
- Intake of low dietary fiber food
- Adding food that contains high salt and pickles
- Helicobacter pylori, a type of bacteria is present in the stomach
- Occurrence of stomach infection
Different Types Of Stomach Cancer:
Stomach cancer is of different types:
- Adenocarcinomas: Around 95% of stomach cancers are adenocarcinoma, and it develops when the stomach lining gets affected.
- Lymphoma: This is a less common type of stomach cancer and affects the lymphatic tissues.
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors: This type of stomach cancer develops within the connective tissue and muscles of the stomach wall.
- Neuroendocrine Cancer: This type of cancer generates from the intestinal cell of the endocrine and proceeds to the nervous system. The neuroendocrine cell is also known as a carcinoid tumor.
Evaluation Process of Stomach Cancer:
To evaluate adenocarcinoma, our team of medical experts at Kauvery Hospitals follow the TNM system:
T - How much has the tumor spread through the walls of the stomach?
N - Detecting the spread of cancer through the lymph nodes?
M - Whether the cancerous cell has been spreading through the different parts of the body.
How Is The Diagnosis Done For Stomach Cancer?
There are specific tests and diagnostic processes suggested by doctors. The end reports of the test help them to take the next step towards Stomach Cancer Treatment in Bangalore:
- Upper endoscopy
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- The radiological test includes CT scan, MRI, X-Ray, PET scan, and more.
- Blood test
The most common treatment procedure is using chemotherapy and radiotherapy. It helps to shrink the tumor and in certain specific cases, surgery is recommended. Surgery helps to remove the cancerous cells and prevents the spread of stomach cancer.
At Kauvery Hospitals Bangalore, our certified and experienced medical practitioners are skilled to support a patient through diagnosis, treatment, and recovery until patients win over cancer & can get back to normal life.